Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cover 06-12-2010

Month Date, Year

CEO,
Any Company,
Any Street, Los Angeles County,
CA

Dear Sir/Ma'am,
I would like to apply for the position of copywriter at your prestigious company. My area of expertise and interest is defense and foreign affairs. I began my career in The Kathmandu Post, the first broadsheet daily published by the private sector in Nepal. I have over three years experience in print and electronic media in both editorial and reporting. I specialized in defense analysis and have keen understanding of world affairs. I have written over twenty five strong articles in various broadsheet dailies (e.g. The Himalayan Times and Space Time Today) and news portals (e.g. www.nepaliperspectives.com and www.ekantipur.com).

I am a well read person. My first effort in journalism was a school project under Fr. Eric Zimmer, S.J. whence I produced a political non-fiction work on the Persian Gulf War of 1990-1991. An editorial assistant in 2000 at age 24, I produced commendable copies for the editorial at the leading English language daily in the country. I read Jane's Defense Weekly, a world’s leading authority on defense issues, since ninth grade. I also acquired their permission to use their materials in my published work.

I am a cheerful and smart person able to work with just any type of people. I have very high standard in application to work and I am very detail oriented. I am a self learner and a sound decision maker. Also, I am very dependable and highly responsible. Moreover, I am very much impressed by creative insights and believe in meritocracy.

I am a legal resident (green card) of the United States. I have BA in English Literature and Sociology from the oldest university in Nepal. Foundation of International Services, Inc, a DeVry University affiliate in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles County, California has verified my degree as equivalent to Bachelor of Science in Political Science from any regionally accredited college or university in the United States. Additionally, I have good appreciation of Western arts and culture. And, I like both art and commercial movies produced in Hollywood and Europe. In 2008 presidential elections, I had a wonderful opportunity to campaign for Senator McCain/Governor Palin in our community and also for a local GOP candidate-Armineh Chelebian. I also managed to shore up support for the Grand Old Party’s 30th district US House of Representative candidate Mr. David Benning by participating on his telecampaign on June 2010.

Sincerely,

Pritam S Rana
14540 Hartland Street, Apt#206,
Van Nuys, CA 91405,
Tel. (818) 988 9623
Cell: (818) 571 3265

No comments: